Friday, February 7, 2014

Feature Friday

1.What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? 
My shop name is TwoTimetheCrazy. I am a stay at home mom to 2 very energetic little boys ages 5 and 2. To say it gets crazy around here sometimes would be an understatement!

2. How long have you been on Etsy? 
I am brand new to Etsy, I just opened my shop in December 2013. 
3. What type of items do you offer? 
I make magnetic memo boards, both prim and shabby chic styles. Many are one of a kind using vinatge finds. I also make glass magnets in many styles. 

4. How long have you been crafting? 
I have honestly been crafting since I was a little girl. My mom (you may know Faith of The Primitive Black Hat Society) is an artist so we always had lots of fun things around the house for projects. I love a good yard sale find that I can create something new out of. 
5. Who or What inspires you? 
My everyday life and the people around me inspire me. Since becoming a mom organization has become key so my magnet boards are perfect for the busy mom. My shop actually came about from some magnets I made my sister for Christmas. My mom saw them and said you should open a shop. We started brainstorming and Two Times the Crazy was born. 
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why? 
Right now I am in love with the shabby chic magnet board I have with the white frame and blue bird fabric. It is definitely hard for me to choose just one favorite but I am obsessed with that fabric. I just think it’s great! 

7. Other places where you can be found? 
Currently I am just on Etsy, but definitely looking into other options.

8. How do you describe your artistic style? 
I wouldn't say I have one specific style. I love all things prim, shabby chic and most things in between. I just love to create things that make me happy and like many artists my tastes and intrests change from time to time. 
9. Do you have set days or times to work on your craft? 
With 2 little boys running around I definitely have to be creative to find time to work on my boards. Nap time and after bed time is usually when I can get things done. 
10. What words of advice would you give others or to someone just starting out? 
Find something you love making so it doesn't feel like work. I love creating my boards and since everyone is different its always so fun for me to see the end result. You definitely need patience and do not get discouraged when things are slow in the beginning. I am still in the beginning stages myself so I am just trying to find new ways to get the word out about my shop. And of course join groups like OFG is great. The warm welcoming members and the support of other artists is priceless. 

11. Tell a bit of personal info about yourself. 
My name is Cristen and I live in North Carolina. I am currently a stay at home mom to my 2 adorable (and crazy) boys, Landon and Logan. I spend my days taking care of them and trying to give them the same wonderful childhood I had (thanks mom and dad). In my spare time (ha ha) I have started my Etsy shop to suppliment the family income and have something for myself to enjoy doing. I love all things vintage and am especially obsessed with vintage Pyrex and anything pink. I live for early Saturday morning yard sales and trips to antique and junk shops.

No comments: