Friday, January 11, 2013

Feature Friday with Tins and Treasures



1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? 
My shop’s name is Tins and Treasures. Tins, because of the decorative tins that I create. We started selling locally about 15 years ago, and since they were unique, we felt they should be part of our name. Treasures, just includes everything else…hopeful something that will be a treasure to someone, somewhere, someday. 
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
 I opened my shop on July 11, 2008
 3. What type of items do you offer?
 My hubby, Scott, and I have quite a variety of things. He is a musician, so a natural artist. Since he works in an office during the day, he can exercise his creativity in the evenings and weekends. His best seller is our wine bottle necklaces. They practically flew out of our shop at our local arts festival. He also cuts our wood items, then I paint, he stains, he builds, I embellish. Our wood items are a true team effort. My first love is fiber arts. I sew…I stuff…I knit…I crochet…I embroider…I stencil…I decoupage…I hot glue…
 4. How long have you been crafting?
 Possibly since I was born? No, actually, since I was about 8 years old. I started making doll clothes by hand, and my mother taught me to embroider on dishtowels. I learned to sew on a machine when I was 10. I had a wonderful 4-H leader who taught me to knit. I went to college and majored in Textiles and Clothing, where I took every class possible in Clothing Construction and Fiber Arts.
 5. Who or What inspires you? Who? Definitely my grandmothers. 
The women of their generation had large families, and no convenience foods or appliances available to them. They milked the cows, gathered eggs, tended their garden, kept the fire going in the stove, picked berries and made jelly, baked bread, washed clothes on a washboard…need I say more? But yet, they had time to make beautiful quilts and crocheted bedspreads. They even embroidered the days of the week on their dishtowels… What inspires me? Nature. The colors and textures of Nature. 

 6. Other places where you can be found? 
Tins and Treasures Etsy Shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tinsandtreasures 
 Natalie’s Notions Etsy Shop
 http://nataliesnotions.etsy.com 
 Tins and Treasures Blog
http://tinsandtreasures.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie is so sweet! Love both of her shops!
Vicky

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, everyone,
Thank you so much for featuring my 'Handmades' shop here on the team blog. It was such an awesome surprise, and just the boost I needed after a very long week at school!

Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie