1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
My shop's name is Scaredy Cat Primitives. When I began crafting years ago sold under the name "Carrie's Creations." Back then, I mostly did candles and jewelry. Then, when I made the switch to just handmade candles, my business name morphed into "Fat Cat Candles" after on particularly chubby feline of mine. Then in 2005, I decided to make the switch to just making primitives and a few prim-inspired candles on the side. Thus, "Scaredy Cat Primitives" was born. I wanted a unique name that represented my love of cats, Halloween and primitives of course!
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Since January 2009.
3. What type of items do you offer?
Mostly sewn primitive home and holiday decor, handmade wood signs and handmade candles. I hope to find a way to combine my love of primitives and my fine art background to create one-of-a-kind altered/found art pieces.
4. How long have you been crafting?
Forever! I have been selling my crafts since I was 15.
5. Who or What inspires you?
Early American history, my felines, Halloween and anything else that I might stumble across in my day-to-day life.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
My upcycled teacup candles...I love the idea of recycling whenever possible!
7. Other places where you can be found: