Friday, September 14, 2012

Feature Friday with Jager Hollow Primitives

 What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
Jager Hollow Primitives~  I was looking for an unique name for my shop that no one has ever used before. I finally came up with the name Jager,  which means hunter in German. So I came up with Jager Primitives but I felt something was still missing. So my friend Lisa from "The Moonlit Stitch" suggested adding Hollow in between the words and That is how I became Jager Hollow Primitives. 
 How long have you been on Etsy?
I opened my shop in April 2012 but I did not start selling until July. 
 What type of items do you offer?
I offer finished handmade primitive and country home decor and some reclaimed/upcycled items as well. It's really hard to say what you'll find in my shop because I have an eclectic side to me as well.
 How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. My mom taught me how to sew, cross stitch, and paint a little. I was always in my dad work shop helping him or crocheting at my grandmother when visiting. 
 Who or What inspires you?
I would have to say my dad inspired me the most. When I was in the 4th grade, my dad taught me how to make things just by studying them. At that time it was mostly out of wood but I used what he taught me over the years and used that skill to make things out of any material I can get my hands on and add my own taste.
 What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I love everything in my shop but if I had to pick a favorite. I would say Autumn Tobacco Lath Planter because of the colors of the leaves, the candle flickers like a real flame when lit and the leaves are coated in my special blends of spices which has an amazing smell of autumn.
  How do you describe your artistic style?
 I would say primitive is my all-time favorite but I also have an eclectic side to me which I think makes it a little more interesting.  I love so many different crafting styles. I am always eager to learn something new.
 Do you have set days or times to work on your craft?
I'm a SAHM. So I try to balance it out but sometimes I can’t help myself. I always find myself in my studio when I should be doing something else.
 What words of advice would you give others or to someone just starting out?
I am going give the advice my hubby gives me all the time. "Just be patient." and "Things take time." I hear that so much.  I have come to learn over the years that my hubby gives me great advice.
 Tell a bit of personal info about yourself.
 I have lived in Hagerstown, MD all my life. I married my high school sweetheart.  We have been married for 23 years and still going strong. We have 3 kids and 3 spoiled cats.
I love so many different crafting styles. I am always eager to learn something new.
Thanks for the great interview Patti!
 You can find  Patti here:
 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work from Patti! Super cute items in her shop!
Vicky

Colleen said...

Great interview. Lots of neat items in her shop. Thanks for sharing! :)

The Farmer's Attic said...

Thanks so much for sharing Patti's shop with us! Great interview!!!!

Lucy