Friday, July 6, 2012

Feature Friday with Night Owl Studio

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? 
The name is TheNightOwlStudio.  I picked this because the name of my business is Night Owl and has been for over twenty years.
 2. How long have you been on Etsy?
   Since 2009, though I didn't put much on the first year.
3. What type of items do you offer?
   Handmade dolls and animals
4. How long have you been crafting?
   For over 30 years.
5. Who or What inspires you?
 Many things inspire me.  I may see something and wonder what can be made with that or a new fabric I discover that I then have to decide what I can use it on.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I love Halloween and the wonderful fall colors so anything I make for this time of year would be my favorite.
  7. Other places where you can be found?
   I also sell on Ebay and have been selling off and on there since 2009.  I also do art and doll shows in Southern California.
8. How do you describe your artistic style?
 Very whimsical, sometimes a bit gothic but mostly just fun!
9. Do you have set days or times to work on your craft? 
 I work 7 days a week as much as I can.  Even when I try to take a break the fabric and sewing machine call me back.  I have an addiction to create!
 10. What words of advice would you give others or to someone just starting out?
Talk to others and get advice about the best shows to do.  If you have a booth don't just sit there reading a book.  Act like you are happy to see the visitor to your booth or shop.  You have seconds to make a good impression.  Make your booth attractive whether it is at a show or on ETSY.  Have great displays even if it is a cardboard box.  Stack them at different heights and cover them in some fabric or table cloths.  Be critical and ask other vendors opinions.  Don't worry, you will get better and better.
11. Tell a bit of personal info about yourself. 
I started sewing when my first daughter was born so I could stay home with her.  I was a secretary but loved art.  I have never looked back.  My three kids are grown and gone out on their own but I keep sewing and creating.  I love it!  Besides creating I love going to the beach.  The ocean sooths my soul.
You can find Candy here:

3 comments:

The Farmer's Attic said...

Wonderful feature for a very talented Artist!!!!

Jody said...

Very nice feature on a very talented lady!

Unknown said...

Great feature! Candy is so talented!!
Kim